CORTLAND, N.Y. - This week's State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Q&A is with the Men's Lacrosse Athlete of the Week, Bobby Emerson (Lake Grove, N.Y.)
Emerson helped the Lakers to a 2-0 record over spring break, collecting 10 points in the process. In Wednesday's 12-2 victory at St. Joseph's (L.I.), the senior recorded a season-high five goals and one assist for a team-high six points. Emerson posted a shot on-goal percentage of .778, taking seven shots. He also picked up three ground balls, while causing one turnover. In Saturday's 12-5 win at Keuka College, Emerson posted four goals for four points. Again posting seven shots on goal, he recorded a .700 shot on-goal percentage. The Lake Grove, N.Y. native collected a ground ball in the victory.
Sport: Men's Lacrosse
1. If you had to choose another sport to play in college what would it be and why?
Ice Hockey. I played travel ice hockey for 12 years.
2. What's your favorite pro sports team and why?
New York Islanders because my whole family is Islander fans and I am from Long Island. I grew up going to the games at the Nassau Coliseum.
3. Do you have a hidden talent, if so what is it?
4. If you could have one song play every time you score/get a hit/win a race what would it be?
Down With the Sickness by Disturbed
5. What's your favorite professional sports memory?
When John Tavares scored the double overtime goal in the playoffs to beat the Florida Panthers in round one of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
6. What's your favorite sports movie?
7. Do you have any pre/in game rituals? What are they?
Listening to music and re-taping my stick
8. If you were stranded on an island, who would you want to be there with you, and why?
9. Who inspired you to play your sport?
10. What is your spirit animal?