CORTLAND, N.Y. - The State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Men's Soccer Defensive Athlete of the Week, Brian Terra, answers this week's Q&A.
Terra, who comes from Lake Grove, N.Y., recorded two penalty-kick saves to help the Lakers to a 1-0-1 weekend. In Friday's 2-1 victory at Brockport, The sophomore recorded 12 saves, one of which was a penalty-kick in the 72nd minute. On Saturday, Terra helped the Lakers to tie a favored Geneseo team 0-0 in double overtime. He recorded two saves in regulation, one that came in the 89th minute, on a Knights' penalty-kick, and two in each overtime period.
Sport: Men's Soccer
Hometown: Lake Grove, N.Y.
Major: Business administration
1. Which professional athlete do you have the most respect for? If I had to pick one professional athlete that I have the most respect for it would have to be Lionel Messi. To me, he is the greatest in the world and seeing him play and control the game is something special.
2. What's your game day meal? I like to start my day off with a cup of coffee, especially before the 1PM SUNYAC Conference games. Then I like to eat something light about 2 hours before game time.
3. What age did you start playing your sport? I started playing soccer before I could even remember. Soccer runs in my family's blood and I grew up touching a soccer ball whenever I could.
4. Do you have a hidden or special talent? I know how to drive stick-shift
5. What is your career goal post college? My career goal post college would be to work for a sports team, focusing on the business decisions and/or finances.
6. What's on your music playlist? My music playlist consists of mostly hip-hop like Future, Lil Wayne, and A Boogie.
7. Do you have any pre-game rituals? Before games I like to stay loose, and I always do a pull-up on the crossbar before each half.
8. What's the best advice anyone has given you? Before coming to college my dad gave me advice that I still follow each day. He told me "Do what you know how to do and do not let anyone change that."
9. What are your hobbies off the field/court? When I am not on the soccer field, I like to stay active- Whether it is playing other sports like basketball with my friends or going to the gym.
10. What's your favorite memory since playing for your institution? My favorite memory since playing at SUNY Oswego would have to be our game against Brockport this year. We fought very hard throughout the whole game to give our opponent their first loss and how we played has me very excited for next year.