CORTLAND, N.Y. - This week the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) got a glimpse of its Women's Basketball Athlete of the Week, Marybeth McCullough, off the court.
McCullough returned for her first game since the 2016-17 season and dominated on both sides of the court last week. She netted 25 points to go along with her 21 rebounds, one assist, one steal, and six blocks. McCullough shot 10 of 15 from the field (66.7%), four of five from the free throw line (80%), and was one of one from behind the three point line. Her double double helped lead Buffalo State to a 88-85 win over Morrisville State and begin the season 1-0. She set new career highs with her 25 points, 21 rebounds, and six blocks.
Institution: Buffalo State
Sport: Women's Basketball
Hometown: Rochester, N.Y.
Major: Criminal Justice
- Which professional athlete do you have the most respect for? Michael Jordan
- What's your game day meal? Usually a sub
- What age did you start playing your sport? 8
- Do you have a hidden or special talent? None at all
- What is your career goal post college? Lawyer
- What's on your music playlist? Hip hop
- Do you have any pre-game rituals? Prayer, and listening to music
- What's the best advice anyone has given you? "Control the controllables"
- What are your hobbies off the field/court? Shopping, eating, and watching TV
- What's your favorite memory since playing for your institution? Being able to rejoin the team and continue playing basketball