CORTLAND, N.Y. - The State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) introduces Mikayla Johnson, part of this week's Women's Tennis Doubles Team of the Week. Johnson and her doubles partner Sarah Bunk combined for an 8-0 win at No. 2 doubles vs. Thiel, and 8-5 at No. 1 doubles vs. Geneseo, to remain unbeaten this season. Bunk is 7-0 this season and 15-1 as a collegiate doubles player. Johnson is 6-0 in her first season as a Blue Devil.
Sport: Women's Tennis
Hometown: Lakewood, NY
Major: Dance, Math
- Which professional athlete do you look up to? I really look up to Roger Federer. Not only is he a great tennis player, but his humble nature sets him apart from other players. He shows grace both on and off the court.
- What's your game day meal? The night before a match I like to have spaghetti.
- What age did you start playing your sport? I started playing tennis at the age of four.
- Do you have a hidden or special talent? I can do acrobatics.
- What is your career goal? Math or Dance teacher
- What's on your music playlist? Today's hits
- Do you have any pre-game rituals? No pre-game rituals. Just lots of stretching!
- What the best advice anyone has given you? The best advice someone has given me was to always give 100% to everything.
- What are your hobbies off the field/court? Other than tennis, I dance and figure skate.
- What's your favorite memory since playing for your institution? I like spending time with my team. We are always there to support each other both on and off the court.