CORTLAND, N.Y. - Meet the State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) Women's Volleyball Offensive Athlete of the Week, Maddie Van Pelt.
Van Pelt helped the Hawks to four wins over the weekend, losing just two sets during that stretch. She had 21 kills in a 3-2 win against Hamilton on Saturday.
Institution: New Paltz
Position: Outside Hitter
Hometown: Montgomery, NY
- Which professional athlete do you look up to? Kerri Walsh Jennings
- What's your game day meal? Chicken and rice
- What age did you start playing your sport? 12
- What is your career goal? To be a speech language pathologist in a school and one day be a coach for volleyball
- What is your major? Communication Disorders
- What's on your music playlist? Country and Post Malone
- Do you have any pre-game rituals? Handshakes with my teammates, quick prayer before National Anthem
- What the best advice anyone has given you? Find a job you enjoy, money doesn't matter, love going to work everyday!
- What are your hobbies off the field/court? Playing with my dog Knox and watching movies
- What's your favorite memory since playing for your institution? Beating Oneonta in the quarterfinals