CORTLAND, N.Y. - The State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) has selected the Potsdam Bears vs. the Canton Kangaroos as the Game of the Week. Canton was dominant early, winning the first two sets, but Potsdam was able to rally and win three sets in a row to complete the comeback.
- 1st Set (Canton 25 - Potsdam 20) - Potsdam won the kills battle in the first set, but the errors were too much for the Bears to overcome.
- Potsdam: 14 kills, six errors, 39 total attempts, .205 attack percentage
- Canton: 12 kills, three errors, 36 total attempts, .250 attack percentage
- 2nd Set (Canton 25 - Potsdam 13) - Canton cruised in the second set by almost doubling their attack percentage from the first set. Potsdam's attack was not efficient in this set, finishing with five errors on 21 attempts.
- Potsdam: six kills, five errors, 21 total attempts, .048 attack percentage
- Canton: 11 kills, two errors, 19 total attempts, .474 attack percentage
- 3rd Set (Potsdam 25 - 18 Canton) - Potsdam was able to minimize the errors in the third set, having only one on 20 total attempts.
- Potsdam: six kills, one error, 20 total attempts, .250 attack percentage
- Canton: 14 kills, four errors, 32 total attempts, .312 attack percentage
- 4th Set (Potsdam 25 - 23 Canton) - Both teams were strong in this set, but Potsdam was able to keep their errors down for the second straight set.
- Potsdam: 14 kills, two errors, 43 total attempts, .279 attack percentage
- Canton: 14 kills, four errors, 41 total attempts, .244 attack percentage
- 5th Set (Potsdam 15 - 10 Canton) - Potsdam pulls off the comeback in the fifth set by letting Canton hurt themselves. Canton had their most errors, least amount of kills, and lowest attack percentage of the match in this set.
- Potsdam: four kills, one error, 13 total attempts, .231 attack percentage
- Canton: eight kills, six errors, 21 total attempts, .095 attack percentage
- Canton had five errors in the first two sets and 14 in the last three sets. Potsdam had 11 errors in the first two sets and only four in the last three sets.
- Kills - Nicole Hansen (14)
- Assists - Brianna Rodda (38)
- Digs - Natalie Magallon (23)
- Points - Nicole Hansen (16.5)
- Attack % - Emme Price (.312)
- Kills - Marissa Ixtlahuac (23)
- Assists - Peyton Robinson (48)
- Digs - Peyton Robinson, Jenna Roat (17)
- Points - Marissa Ixtlahuac (23)
- Attack % - Marissa Ixtlahuac (.541)
Potsdam (SUNYAC Pool Play @New Paltz, N.Y.): Oct. 5th @7PM vs. Plattsburgh, Oct. 6th @2:30PM vs. Fredonia, Oct. 6th @5PM vs. New Paltz